Ever heard of homemade pill pockets for cats?
And have no idea about it, don’t worry – I will explain it here.
If you have a kitty and you have tried to give it some medications – so, now you know what am talking about. It’s the look of sudden disapproval and eventual rejection you see on its face as a displeasing treat.
A better approach is to come up with something as an alternative to medications. There should be something which is more cat-friendly.
Here you can purchase locally available pill pockets.
But it’s not the best choice due to the price factor. If your cat won’t like it, the bought medications will go all waste.
So, what to do now?
Making your own cat pill pockets from scratch at home will save a lot of bucks. It would give you the creative freedom to try a few different options such as flavors, toppings, etc. without being wasteful.
Why – Natural & Homemade Pill Pocket for Cats?
When we discuss our cat’s diet and supplement, organic and natural resources are the way to go – The Natural Pill Pockets for Cats.
- Firstly, this method of medication is verified by almost all the verified veterinary clinics and there is no exception in it.
- Secondly, we all have a limited amount of ingredients available at home. And we tend to have a few different ways to put them together allowing you to try different mixtures and pastes until you find the one magic potion that your cat will gladly eat.
- Thirdly, it’s better to do some trials and testing before attempting to sneak in their medication. With this trial and error method, you will be able to find the one magic mixture, it would love without wasting a pill, or you may be able to trick them with it easily.
- Now, let’s discuss some of the most sought-after recipes that will teach you how to make the best pill pockets for cats that will help you for sure to have your pet taking their medication with ease.
3 Recipes of DIY Homemade Pill Pocket for Cats
- Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Peanut Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Applesauce – 1 Tbsp
- Quick Oats – Optional
- To begin place your flour, applesauce, and peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Remember not to add any flour added yeast with it.
- Start stirring it with a fork until it gets mixed completely.
- Take the dough in your hands and make balls out of it.
- Take the ball and start breaking into half pieces. Make 8 roughly equal pieces out of it.
- Pick any of the balls and make a hole into it with the help of a chopstick or any pointed thing. The hole would serve as a pocket.
- This amount of ingredients would make 8 pill pockets altogether.
- Whole Unsalted almonds Flour – 2 cups
- Peanut Butter – 1/2 cup
- Almond Milk (plain/unsweetened & unflavored) – 2-3 Tbsp
- Add the almonds into a food chopper and ground them into a fine powder.
- Next, add the peanut butter and blend it again to combine.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the almond milk and again, blend to combine.
- If the final dough is too stiff, add 1 additional Tbsp of milk & blend.
- Then prepare a small baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon measure the rolled dough and make them into small balls.
- Then, using the larger end of a chopstick, poke a hole in the top of each ball to make an opening for the pill.
- Further, chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Rice/ Coconut Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 1 Tbsp
- Unsweetened Peanut Butter – 1 Tbsp
- To begin with making of homemade pill pockets for cats, mix all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir it continuously to make a soft dough. You can keep this dough in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- Make small size balls out of it.
- Make a fine hole in it with a pointed toothpick or a chopstick. And here you go.
Recommendation from Us
You may choose among the following options to make the base of the pockets:
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Canned tuna
- Canned chicken
- Ground beef
- Canned pumpkin
For mixing and flavor, the following options can be preferred.
- Any Nut butter
- Coconut oil
- Cream cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Tahini sauce
The above-recommended combination makes the best treat as these natural ingredients support your cat in staying healthy and energetic for a longer time.
We hope that these highly recommended recipes and tips would help you learn how to make homemade pill pockets for cats. Through this method, giving a daily dose of medicine to your cat would be less trouble. You might have heard to crush its pill if it is not supportive but it’s highly recommended to give the pill in the whole form. Happy Learning!